Faculty / Staff Support
The LRC supports the VGCC faculty and staff through:
- LRC or classroom-based bibliographic instruction and library orientations
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Services (statewide and national/international)
- Creation (upon request) of program and course-specific LibGuides
- Access to a wide range of professional journals (print and electronic)
- Materials requests
- Jobs and Career resources
- Reference services
- Course Reserves
- Remote access to resources/services and staff support for Distance Education
North Carolina Learning Object Repository
The North Carolina Learning Object Repository (NCLOR) collects documents, audio/video clips, simulations, learning modules, assessments, and more – virtually any type of learning resource that can be digitized and processed. Teachers from around the state can then search the NCLOR, find materials appropriate to the classes they are teaching, and use them as is or modify them to suit their needs. This concept of sharing and reusing is the core of the NCLOR philosophy. Teachers can become more productive and efficient. If quality course or digital materials exist and are free for North Carolina faculty, why reinvent the wheel?
Want to look around? Get instant guest access is available by clicking here.
Information on the North Carolina Learning Object Respository