Hours (Franklin Campus)
Monday – Thu: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Many library services are also available 24/7 by going to the Library Services website at http://lrc.vgcc.edu. These services include access to our databases and a chat window to ask for help from an NCknows librarian.
Library Services Staff - Franklin Campus
|Elaine Stem||Director - Library Services (MAIN)||252.738.3340|
|Jennie Davis||Librarian (MAIN)||252.738.3415|
|Annette Clark||Librarian (PT) (MAIN)||252.738.3450|
|Janet Blotzer||Library Clerk (PT) (MAIN)||252.738.3279|
|Anne Whitehead||Technical Clerical Assistant (MAIN)||252.738.3484|
|Julie Jones||Library Assistant (FRANKLIN)||252.738.3606|
|Elisa Rodwell||Library Assistant (WARREN)||252.738.3686|
|Lauren Hurley||Library Assistant (PT) (WARREN)||252.738.3685|
LRC Mission Statement
The Vance-Granville Community College Learning Resources Centers (LRCs) / Libraries serve the overall mission of the College by providing information resources and services that support academic achievement, encourage life-long learning, and promote intellectual and personal growth. The LRCs / Libraries achieve this by:
· Serving as a center for learning by providing a place for students, staff, and faculty to actively engage in study and research;
· Building and maintaining a quality collection by collaborating with the college community in identifying and acquiring resources that support the curriculum;
· Incorporating the use of traditional and emerging technologies to extend access to library resources and services;
· Assisting and instructing students, staff, faculty, and community patrons in finding and utilizing information relative to the changing academic, occupational, technological, and cultural needs of a diverse population;
· Continuing to systematically assess the effectiveness and usefulness of the LRCs / Libraries’ services and resources;
· Supporting a well-trained, dedicated, and service-oriented staff and providing them opportunities for professional growth and development.